History of Goelz
1946: Siegfried Gölz founded the company as a sole proprietorship. At that time the company dealt primarily with logging and in the timber trade.
1949: Led to a co-operation with the well-known chain-saw manufacturer STIHL. GÖLZ assumed the function of a STIHL distributor in the Rhine area.
1968: The first channel core drilling rig was developed and produced with a STIHL two-stroke engine - the GÖLZ KB300 is still market leader today.
1981: the Schütte machines company from Dusseldorf was acquired, which extended the product range also to floor saws, stone cutting machines and concrete processing machines.
1981: GÖLZ Ges.m.b.H in Austria was founded as a sales subsidiary.
1982: GÖLZ started with the development and production of drilling segments and core drills.
1986: GÖLZ founded the sales subsidiary GÖLZ (UK) Ltd in the United Kingdom.
1987: After acquisition of the company TTS, the development and production of diamond tools was transferred to Salzburg, Austria.
1989: STIHL transferred the distribution of its products to its own subsidiary. In the meantime, GÖLZ built up its own business line of construction equipment and diamond tools.
1990: GÖLZ Benelux in Belgium and GÖLZ Inc. in USA were founded - since 2001 named Golz LLC in Columbia, MO.
1993: The sales subsidiary GÖLZ S.à.r.l. in Strasbourg/France was founded.
2005: GÖLZ GmbH opened a sales office in Amman, Jordan.
2006: GÖLZ took over the Australian customer Rock Equipment and founded its own sales subsidiary GOLZ PTY Sydney, Australia.